Foundation in Information Technology (FIT)
Certification offered by University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC), Sri Lanka.
Duration : 2 Months (80 hours)
- In order to register for BIT-UCSC with FIT (Without A/L), you need to have six passes in G.C.E (O/L) with three credits together with FIT.
- Those who follow FIT as a IT qualification (not planing to do BIT), there is no prerequisit.
Mode of Teching:
- Mixture of simple English and Sinhala depending on the requirement of the student(s) in individual/small group class.
Mode of Exams:
Objectives of FIT:
- Passing FIT facilitate bypass G.C.E. (A/L) and directly (fast track) register for BIT degree program conducted by UCSC.
- Facilitate those who do not have required G.C.E. (A/L) qualifications to enroll in the BIT degree program conducted by UCSC by passing FIT.
- Provide basic ICT and Internet skills together with English and mathematics.
- Students can register for FIT examinations @ UCSC
- Registration is valid for 365 calendar days
- Examinations are held on each month
- Students are free to select convenient month for their exam.
Full course fee:
Current course schedule:
Assesment/Examination structure (Conducted by UCSC):
|Subject||Assignment Quizes||E-test||Practical test|
English for ICT
Mathematics for ICT
For more details visit our FAQ on FIT page