Certification offered by University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC), Sri Lanka.
- There is no prerequisite for FIT.
- However, in order to register for BIT-UCSC with FIT (Without A/L), you need to have six passes in G.C.E (O/L) with three credits together with FIT.
Mode of Teaching
Mixture of simple English and Sinhala depending on the requirement of the student(s) in small group classes.
Mode of Exams (Conducted by UCSC)
English medium (MCQ)
Objectives of FIT Program
- Passing FIT facilitate alternative path for those prefer to skip G.C.E. (A/L) and directly (fast track) register for BIT degree program conducted by UCSC.
- Facilitate those who do not have required G.C.E. (A/L) qualifications to enroll in the BIT degree program conducted by UCSC by passing FIT.
- Provide basic ICT and Internet skills together with English and mathematics.
- Students register for FIT examinations @ UCSC(Registration is valid for 365 calendar days).
- Examinations are held on each month, and students can apply for all the subjects at once or selected subjects each month.
Full course fee
Rs.20,000/= (Can be paid in easy instalments of Rs 10000/= x 2)
You may also attend selected subjects at
Mathematics for ICT - Rs 10 000/=
English for ICT - Rs 7 500/=
ICT Applications - Rs 7 500/=
- FIT 101 – ICT Applications
- FIT 201 – English for ICT
- FIT 301 – Mathematics for ICT